Saturday, August 28, 2010

Next stop...

Yesterday was our last full day in Jakarta and we packed in a lot...first was going to the TOP of Monas (see my 7/20 post for a pic--the tall thing with a flame on top). We had gone there the first day we were here, but it was closed, so I'm glad we finally went back for the view. It's like the Space Needle of Jakarta! Next was the National Museum for some fun with artifacts and statues. Then, for dinner, we went with Wiji and Izana to a place known for really good Gado Gado, my favorite dish here--peanut sauce with vegetables, tofu, and rice. When conversation revealed that neither Wiji nor Izana had ever been bowling before, we decided we had to go! Kudos to them for making it through their first games with double digit scores and no bumpers! Still not ready to call it a night, we met up with a couple of Wiji's other friends for karaoke....good times.
A great day, and the perfect way to end a really amazing trip. I could get really mushy here but I'll leave it at that.
Now I'm off to India to visit my friend from college, Ankit. I have long layover in Bangkok, where I plan to squeeze in a couple sights, but most importantly, find myself a plate of authentic pad thai!

No comments:

Post a Comment