Monday, July 19, 2010

I need a calculator.

I'm in Jakarta, yay! The cab ride from the airport reminded me that while I may worry about plane crashes and shark attacks, taxis are probably my biggest actual danger on this trip. The shoulder is totally another lane, right? haha. Another day 1 adventure was my first trip to the bathroom. No toilet seat, just a hole. Which is fine, but there is this hose thing next to it that I'm really not quite sure what you're supposed to do with? Spray something obviously, but...?
My first impressions of the city are that it's huge, crowded, and not the cleanest. My hotel is nice, but not quite as lavish as the website makes it look, which I'm glad for. The room is super big though--at least twice the size of my Seattle apartment! The staff are friendly, but I feel bad because when I first got here they were going over the details with me and due to language barrier and poor currency conversion in my head, I thought they were trying to bill me way too much and I was rather uncooperative and skeptical. Then I realized I was being bad at math and rude. oops. I will be very nice to them from here on out. :/

Good to know:
1 US dollar ~ 9,000 Rupiah (I'm a millionaire!)
Jakarta time is 14 hours ahead of Seattle time. (= internal clock very mixed up)

Going to try to stay awake long enough to hopefully get on some sort of relevant time schedule in the morning. Will post wedding pics(!) and a couple from here tomorrow when I have more energy.

1 comment:

  1. India awaits Ms. Millionaire!!!

    And oh, the dollar gets ya only about 46 Indian rupees!

    ReplyDelete